All you need is your existing streaming URL (for pre-recorded content) or embed code (when broadcasting live) from the streaming service you use and add it to content in a channel in Brushfire Online.
If you do not make use of a current streaming service, here is a simplified guide to setting up a live stream using YouTube to connect to Brushfire Online.
- Equipment to capture audio and video of your event (it could be as simple as a smartphone and a tripod or a laptop with a webcam or multiple cameras and audio gear).
- Equipment to combine your video and audio feeds to provide the video feed you want to stream.
- A hardware or software encoder that converts your video and uploads it to a server in real-time.
- A Google Account so you can set up your YouTube channel.
- Please note that it takes 24 hours before you can live stream after configuring your account for live streaming.
- Alternatively, you can upload pre-recorded videos to play in different channels on your Brushfire Online page (Simulated Live Streaming).
YouTube and Brushfire Online are a great combination! While we recommend you research YouTube’s articles in regards to live streaming here are some common FAQs with Brushfire Online.
For in-depth information on how to run a YouTube livestream please click here.
Q. Why isn’t my livestream appearing in Brushfire Online?
A. Most often this has to do with the settings in YouTube. Please double check that your stream is set to “Allow Embedding”.
Q. Why is my video blank in Brushfire Online?
A. Please double check your url. The easiest way to make sure your url is correct is to go to YouTube and right click on the video. Select “Video URL” and make sure that is the correct one in Brushfire Online!
Q. Am I able to run multiple streams at once?
A. There are limitations with this with YouTube. Please confirm with YouTube that your account allows for this.
Q. Which privacy setting should I choose?
A. Choose “Unlisted”. Private videos cannot be viewed by anyone besides you.
Q. Can I remove the YouTube logo from my embedded video?
A. If you feel comfortable experimenting with some advanced features of embedding, you can reference this help document from YouTube to see options available with their service: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCiV7IPDWfQ
Learn how to set up pre-recorded content from YouTube for Brushfire Online here.