The detailed reports in Brushfire are natively generated in the report viewer as a PDF and most PDF viewers will provide you with an option to print or save right there in the report portion of your browser window. However, if you need more flexibility (or just can't find those options), Brushfire makes it quick and easy to export detailed reports both as a downloadable PDF or Microsoft Excel document.
Once you've selected the report you need and have the parameters set the way you want them, look for the blue "Run Report" button at the top right corner of the page. If you want to just run the report inside Brushfire, you can just click that button and the report will appear below the parameters. If you want more options, click the right side of the button that has a downward pointing triangle and you'll be presented with 2 more options. To download as a PDF select the first option. To download as a Microsoft Excel (.xslx) file, select the second option. The PDF or XLSX document will be downloaded via your browser's normal download mechanism (for most current browsers, there will be some indication at the top or bottom of your browser that tells you the progress of the file download as well as allowing you to open it when it is downloaded).
Subscribing to Reports
Brushfire has a very powerful feature that allows you to subscribe to detailed reports so that a copy of the report will automatically arrive in your email inbox on the schedule that you set. Common uses for this include:
- Daily reconciliation with your payment gateway's batch/settlement schedule
- Daily/Weekly updates on event attendance and revenue
This also is a great way to provide updates to people who don't have Brushfire user accounts. Perhaps you have a boss who doesn't need to remember one more login and password, but they would still like to receive updates on how sales are going for your upcoming conference or concert. You could stop by their office every morning and tell them how things are going or you could schedule a subscription of a specific report -- filtered to show them just what they want -- that will automatically arrive in their inbox each morning!
To set up a subscription on a report you have run, follow these simple steps:
- Click the green "Subscribe" button at the top right of the report.
- A new screen will appear (shown below) and you'll need to specify:
- The email address(es) to whom you want this report to go to
- The subject of the email (something helpful for the recipient)
- How you want the report attached (PDF or Excel)
- The days of the week and the time of day for each day you want the report delivered
- The start date for the subscription to begin running (it will default to today)
- The end date for the subscription to stop running (it will default to run forever)
- Additionally, you can still tweak the parameters you set on the previous page, but this step is not necessary if you've already done it on the previous page.
- Click "Save"
Your subscription is now ready to go! To edit or cancel this subscription, select the "Email Scheduling" option on the left side of your dashboard, look for your subscription, and change it as needed.