To learn about Groups in Brushfire, read more here. But if your event is already set up to handle groups you can manage them using the following steps.
- Go to your event's Manage page.
- In the left-hand column, select "Groups"
- Select "Manage Groups" on the next page.
- You will be taken to a page that lists all the groups for your event, sorted by Group Name.
- Here you can see, at a glance, the groups, the owners, the passcodes used, and the number of attendees in each group.
- Either find the group for which you want to make a change in the list by scrolling or you can search for any part of their information and click the search button.
- Once you've found the correct group, click the pencil icon to the left of their group name.
- This will bring up a dialog where you can view/edit all the information for this group. Standard information is the name of the group, the email address, and the passcodes to join or manage the group. If you have elected to collect information for each group, those fields will be displayed at the bottom of the form.
- If you are making any changes to the displayed information, click the blue "Save" button and your changes will be saved. If you need to manage the attendees associated with this group, you can click the light-blue "Manage Group Members" button at the bottom and you will be taken to a filtered view of only the attendees that are part of this group.
- As an event organizer you can send each group's Join or Manage link to the group leader if requested. Use the 🔗 icon next to the group name on your Groups Manage Page to resend the Join link or Manage link directly to the Group Leader's email address. The group leader can use the join link directly to add new group members to their group or to recruit additional group members.
Group leaders can also click on the Manage My Group link on the lower right hand of the registration details page of any event that contains groups to get a link sent to their email which will allow them to manage their group.
Group Leaders can then access multiple options to manage attendees in their group, including making payments for group members, updating group member information along with other attendee-specific actions.
Events with group attendee types that allow multiple payments allow group leaders to quickly make payments for multiple attendees at once using their group's Manage link. See How do I make payments for several attendees at once? for details.
To learn how to change an attendee from one group to another, or how to add someone to a group and update their ticket type to reflect that, read more here.
Various settings can be enabled to configure your event's groups. To learn more about how to set up your event to accommodate groups, contact an event expert at Brushfire today.